--00151747be403a94c2049e919829

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:46 PM, 7stud -- <bbxx789_05ss / yahoo.com> wrote:

> The word "metaprogramming" as used here really means "dynamic"
> programming, which I would define as programming in situations when you
> have a variable name, method name, or class name as a string and you
> want to do something to the actual variable, method, or class.  The book
> contains a good explanation of the class structure in ruby, and how to
> keep track of what 'self' refers to.

"Dynamic programming" is already defined, though, it's an approach to
writing algorithms. I think it's not a very fitting name for that, and think
your definition is hinting at a much more useful concept, but nonetheless it
is claimed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_programming

--00151747be403a94c2049e919829--