The JRuby community is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 1.6.0.

- Homepage: http://www.jruby.org/
- Download: http://www.jruby.org/download

JRuby 1.6.0 final is out!

JRuby 1.6.0 is the largest release of JRuby to date. This release
fixes hundreds of user issues and brings compatibility with Ruby 1.9.2
to a very high level. We have made Windows a primary supported
platform by adding it to our continuous integration environment.  JRuby
1.6 will provide Windows-based Ruby users with the best experience
yet. This release integrates experimental support for C extensions
based on Ruby's C API. And as with all major releases, we have
improved stability and performance across the board in response to
real-world user input.

Over the next month or two we plan on putting out quicker point releases
in anticipation that 1.6.0 will get a new wave of feedback.  Give JRuby
1.6.0 a try and let us know how things go.

### Major Features:

- Ruby 1.9.2 language and API compatibility

  - Not implemented Encoding::Converter, ripper
- Improved Ruby call performance
- Built-in profiler (--profile, --profile.graph)
- RSpec no longer bundled
- C Extension support (experimental)
- RubyGems Maven support (preview)
- Improved compatibility and user experience on Windows
- jruby-complete.jar now includes 1.9 standard library
- Embedding API refinements
- Over 2000 commits and 270 issues resolved.

--
blog: http://blog.enebo.com   twitter: tom_enebo
mail: tom.enebo / gmail.com