On 15/03/11 18:07, Gormare Kalss wrote:
> Hello! I hope that no one will be offended by this question!! Ive been
> reading the post regarding the subject sha1 hashing and there are quite
> a few.
> But i wonder if this is possible to figure out??
> I have this coordinate and i need to figure it out. I need to get the
> number for xxx and yyy. Is it possible to reverse this hash if I know
> parts of the string?
> ("N59 52.xxx E017 42.yyy") = c884efef7c92e8095d2dd06ce8e02826dcf05a3e

It's probably feasible to try every combination of xxx and yyy, even in
Ruby (though it'd go a lot faster in C).  If those are definitely
digits, there's only 1 million :)  Knowing more about the data might
also help you rule out which values of xxx and yyy aren't feasible.

--
Matthew Bloch                             Bytemark Hosting
                                 http://www.bytemark.co.uk/