On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Micah Wolfe <52w7te9ara / snkmail.com> wrote:

> No OS upgrade, haven't switched, not using the version manager (should I
> be?).

It's useful, but I wouldn't necessarily start until you figure this out.

> So, I think I am going to uninstall the gem, and reinstall it. Would it
> be better to use the 'pure ruby' gem?

I would just go with a complete reinstall of the standard gem (with the
native extensions) and see what happens. Document the entire -- i.e.
both removal and re-installation -- process just in case :-)

Non-ruby-related tip: use the `script` command to capture all of the
relevant console input and output, e.g.

18:21 ~ $ script /tmp/save-what-i-did
Script started, output file is /tmp/save-what-i-did
18:21 ~ $ pwd
/Users/hassan
18:21 ~ $ exit

Script done, output file is /tmp/save-what-i-did
18:21 ~ $ cat /tmp/save-what-i-did
Script started on Mon Mar 14 18:21:33 2011
18:21 ~ $ pwd
/Users/hassan
18:21 ~ $ exit

Script done on Mon Mar 14 18:21:55 2011