In article <20020410202747.GA14707 / raquel.radiac.mine.nu>,
 Patrik Sundberg <ps / radiac.mine.nu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After a posting by Luigi Ballabio about Ruby bindings for QuantLib I got
> curious about if more people are using ruby for financial tasks. Are there any
> finance-related ruby libraries etc?
>
> I would like an equal to perls Finance::Quotes for example. I think ruby could
> be a very good tool for financial models and quantitative finance in general.
> Any other finance interested ruby-programmers out there?

It's kind of funny that I just mentioned Eiffel in another post.  As I
understand it, Eiffel is quite popular among European financial
institutions, and coming from Ruby, I don't think it'd be that hard to
learn, unless you really don't like statically-typed languages.