I've got a small contact mysql database and need to do a soundex type of
search.
What I'd like to get some feed back on this idea...

you enter a name + surname, I search the table.
Result is...
1. a match is found, details displayed - all is good.
2. multiple matches - display the list as I'd do for point 3 below.
3. No match so go to a SQL statement on the 1st letter of the 1st word
   display a list of names returned and say 1st 20 words of the details.

Note details is a text blob field and entry is a 40 vchar string field.

list would look something like this....

Bob surname             22 anyplace street
Bob no surname          18 here Rd
Ben pope                55 here too
Benny hill              23 there place
Blenda ball             15 Hope rd
Brent oil               Corporate man
Brent oil               family friend

you're thoughts be great and issues you can see or have experienced with
in the past be great.

I don't envision it getting too complex but the list of names may do
over time.

thanks for reading this - hope you can guide me so a good solution.

dave.