> Where is the web page that lists the various colors of Shoes? I can't
> seem to find it. In particular, I'm wondering what's special about
> Green -- it says it's "pure Ruby", but then what is Red written in?

I wrote a bunch of blog posts about the various shoes-es on the Shoes blog:
http://blog.shoesrb.com/tagged/Rainbowshoes

We haven't been talking about all of them super-publically yet because most
of them are still in the 'super ultra alpha' phase. The two big ones are Red
and Green: Red is _why's original code, it's a combination of C and Ruby
that uses native widgets on all platforms. Green is a project started by ash
to write an all-Ruby shoes, that uses Ruby's own bindings to GTK.
Unfortunately, you need X11 on the Mac to run apps with it, but it works
natively on Linux and Windows.