Robert wrote in post #986825:
> Is there a push to one toolkit or the other?

I've used Tk for a long while now, and while I've found it's sometimes
hard to install, I've found it to work very seamlessly with ruby. I
wouldn't suggest jumping into graphics if you don't already know how to
do basic programming, but if your at that point then I would highly
recommend Tk. You'll probably want to find a tutorial on how to install
it on your system (you may need to install Tcl/Tk from
http://www.activestate.com/) look at this guide for all your graphic
needs: http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ruby/ruby_tk_guide.htm

Tk is cross-platform and pre-installed in a lot of installers for Ruby.
I've found it a lot easier to learn then other toolkits...