Stuart Clarke wrote in post #986733:
> Hi all,
>
> Imagine the following string of data containing
>
> d = "Bloggs Joe <joe.bloggs / domain-a.com>, Bloggs Keith
> <keith.bloggs / domain-a.com>, Bloggs, Mary <mary.bloggs / domain-a.com>,
> tim.bloggs / domain-a.com"
>
> As you can see the format of the email addresses is not consistant, for
> that reason, I want to parse this string of data and seperated each
> address with a pipe (|).

It's always puzzling why people like you don't just list the output they
want.  For some reason you people feel a need to describe the output in
words rather than just listing the string you want to end up with.

d = "Bloggs Joe <joe.bloggs / domain-a.com>, Bloggs Keith
<keith.bloggs / domain-a.com>, Bloggs, Mary <mary.bloggs / domain-a.com>,
tim.bloggs / domain-a.com"

arr = d.scan(/<([^>]+)>/).flatten
result = arr.join('|')
puts result

--output:--
joe.bloggs / domain-a.com|keith.bloggs / domain-a.com|mary.bloggs / domain-a.com