On Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:05:13 PM UTC+1, Mayank Kohaley wrote:
> Sorry guys totally missed it .Herr it is: http://mayankkohaley.blogspot.com/

You write "The Class variable in Ruby is similar to static member variable of C++."  This is not true.  You also do not mention the particular peculiarities that pop up when mixing class variables with inheritance and initialization order.  For a rough equivalent for static members in C++ I would rather choose class instance variables.

Personally I would either not mention class variables, mention them and saydon't use them" or mention them, explain them and say "don't use them".

Oh, and then there are nice things as static variables in methods in C++ asell... :-)

Kind regards

robert