I'm pleased to announce the first public release of Goliath v0.9.0.

- Homepage: http://goliath.io
- Code: https://github.com/postrank-labs/goliath
- gem install goliath

Goliath is an open source version of the non-blocking (asynchronous) Ruby web server framework powering PostRank. It is a lightweight framework designed to meet the following goals: bare metal performance, Rack API and middleware support, simple configuration, fully asynchronous processing, and readable and maintainable code (read: no callbacks).

The framework is powered by an EventMachine reactor, a high-performance HTTP parser and Ruby 1.9 runtime. One major advantage Goliath has over other asynchronous frameworks is the fact that by leveraging Ruby fibers, it can untangle the complicated callback-based code into a format we are all familiar and comfortable with: linear execution, which leads to more maintainable and readable code.

While MRI is the recommend platform, Goliath has been tested to run on JRuby and Rubinius.

Goliath has been in production at PostRank for over a year, serving a sustained 500 requests/s for internal and external applications. Many of the Goliath processes have been running for months at a time (read: no memory leaks) and have served hundreds of gigabytes of data without restarts. To scale up and provide failover and redundancy, our individual Goliath servers at PostRank are usually deployed behind a reverse proxy (such as HAProxy).

More information can be found in the README and in the following posts:
  - http://www.igvita.com/2011/03/08/goliath-non-blocking-ruby-19-web-server
  - http://everburning.com/news/stage-left-enter-goliath/

Thanks,