> 	Thanks very much for you help. Your XmlSerialization module
> sounds like
> great idea.  Some what similar to the WDDX extension in PHP. The
> only problem
> I might forsee is the lack of control over how the document is
> created. For
> example: If I needed each document to have an additional processing
> instruction:
>
> 	<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
> 	<!-- Additional processing instruction -->
> 	<?xml-stylesheet type="text/html" href="document.xsl"?>
> 	<root></root>

You can easily work this in. The to_xml method returns an XML element
(currently, a REXML element). You can save that directly to file, or add it
to a larger REXML::Document that would also contain your additional xml
nodes.

If you find the module helpful and have any feedback or feature requests,
I'm always open for that.

Chris