Greetings all,

Please forgive the double posting, I just thought it would be better to
list this issue separately, with a more communicative subject (please

I've just started learning Ruby (and Geo Ruby), and am trying to create
overlays for Google Maps.

I found a [seemingly] great tutorial for doing this @
http://blog.newsplore.com/2009/02/22/spincloud-lab...

...and it uses Ruby - cool, eh?

Have everything installed properly (as far as I
can tell - gem list gives me the whole bundle including: mysql (2.8.1)).
MySQL working fine.

I get this error when trying to run the script (attached) from a shell:

Command:
$ ruby ./Desktop/gen_encpolygons.rb

Returns:
./Desktop/gen_encpolygons.rb:11:in `initialize': wrong number of
arguments (4 for 0) (ArgumentError)
  from ./Desktop/gen_encpolygons.rb:11:in `new'
  from ./Desktop/gen_encpolygons.rb:11:in `generate_js_border_overlay'
  from ./Desktop/gen_encpolygons.rb:95

I've googled extensively for similar argument errors, and I'm not
finding any good matches (or solutions).

...so I opened an irb session to try a little test:

Command:
Mysql::new('localhost', 'root', '', 'my_database')

Returns:
NameError: uninitialized constant Mysql
  from (irb):1

Then I checked for the gem: