Now I somehow succeeded to help our friend but I have to admit quite
some ignorance with 1.9 encoding issues. In order to parse a binary
file with a regex I needed to encode the regex in ASCII-8BIT the best
I could do was adding a completely unnecessary byte to the regex (0xf2
at the start)

/\xf2?\x10\x00\x10\x00PN.\x00([\w^]+)/

I sure would appreciate if someone could point me to how to do this properly.

Thx in advance

Robert
--
The 1,000,000th fibonacci number contains '42' 2039 times; that is
almost 30 occurrences more than expected (208988 digits).