Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to Ruby and having some problems trying to work out how to
tackle a for loop problem.

Basically, I have a website I'm trying to scrape (fantasy football
stats, nothing commerical) in order to enter into a sqlite database.
There is a webpage per player that starts with a 1 and then increments
so basically:

<URL>/player/1*

* This number will increment up to approximately 700

What I am trying to do is have a for loop first determine whether the
page exists (i'm guessing is not a 404), then scrape stats from that
page then move onto the next URL (which would be an increment). So:

for (exists)
 scrape data
 enter into database
 url = <URL>/player/<Increment>

I wanted to learn Ruby/Rails in a different way rather than tutorials of
a twitter clone but am having issues with the logic of this problem.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thank you in advance.

Scott.