Hi there,
 I'm new in RoR and I would like to ask you for help, how to check if
the MySQL database works. I installed MySQL database with gem following:

sudo env ARCHFLAGS="-arch i386" gem install mysql -- \
  --with-mysql-dir=/usr/local/mysql
--with-mysql-lib=/usr/local/mysql/lib \
  --with-mysql-include=/usr/local/mysql/include

And everything went ok, no error or warning message.

But now - I don't know, how to fast check that the MySQL database is
installed ok - exist any command to terminal for this? Or any tutorial,
how to check it?

For PHP exist for manage of MySQL database PHPMyAdmin - exist something
similar for Ror? I found rbDB, but it looks that the project is death...

Thank you a lot for your time. :)
[I'm working with terminal in Mac OS x]