Hi!
Thanks! for the link Estanislau.
it certainly did my work lot easier.

I uploaded my 'almost' final program.What it does is it searches for
some data for each company on BSE and writes it down on an excel sheet .

First I collected all the links and saved it in an array 'x'
Then i collect the data that i need and save it to an spreadsheet I
defined earlier in the program.
Lastly I write the spreadsheet to an excel File.
I can control how many companies I want by changing the number of
iterations(In this case 8).
This program is running fine if the number of iteration is less than 6
otherwise, I get a  error
'links.rb:34:in `block in <main>': undefined method `next_sibling' for
nil:NilCla
ss (NoMethodError)
        from links.rb:28:in `times'
        from links.rb:28:in `<main>''