Adam Lauper wrote in post #982302:
> Hi Folks - I am running some ruby tests and would like to print out
> the actual test to the console or store it to a file.  The tests are
> written as classes with a setup, run, and teardown method.
> So here's my question: is there a way to get the class definition or
> method definitions as a "string", so that I can print it out (to a
> file or console)?
> I know ruby supports a lot of reflection (like .methods
> or .constants), but I'm not seeing how to do this.
> Thanks!

I just released a gem which gives access to the source code of methods
and procs (http://github.com/quix/live_ast). See the "to_ruby" section
of the readme. Since the string returned by to_ruby is a parsed/unparsed
version of your code, it probably won't match the original source (and
comments will be gone), but it may suffice for your needs.