> Hi,
>
> Anybody have any suggestions for using Ruby in place of Visual Basic for
> doing database front ends?  My question isn't about the language
> per se, but
> rather whether all the parts exist yet for Ruby:
>
> * Windows GUI toolkit that supports complex widgets like tables.
> * ADO or ODBC interface library.
> * Deployment scheme (some kind of compiler + packager, etc.)

Out of curiosity, why do you want to do this?  VB is really good for
putting together graphical front-ends, if you only target Windows.

There was mention on this list of a Ruby library that exposed Ruby classes
as COM objects.  So, you could write the business logic in Ruby, but use VB
to throw up the forms, buttons, ActiveX controls, whatever.  Don't know
what the current status is, though.

James