I wondered that myself last week and came up with..

@a = []
f = File.open("#{filename}", "r")
             f.readlines.each {|e|
                 e.chomp!
                 b=e.split(";")          #or comma's if you prefer.
                @a.push(b)
                    }
             f.close

This gives you an array of arrays.

Eelco
(I gues i should search the api more.. Didn't know about the CVS
class/module)..