--------------050507050504080400010905

Hilary Bailey wrote:

>> Pretty much I'm saying that I'm not a rocket scientist, and if I wanted
>> to build a rocket, I would intuitively start with determining how I
>> would power it.
>>
>> Sam

*Hiloary,

Sam's advice is sound as far as it goes, but if you are as you represent
yourself, your odds of producing a salable project any time in the next
couple of years seems remote, regardless of the tool you choose. That is
not meant as an insult, but an evaluation of your questions. Find that
tech pro that has been spoken of here, and let that person select the
tools that they know well enough to accomplish the task or at least take
a long look at their advice before selecting tools. Rather than try to
build any technical data descriptions, I would say that you should write
up as detailed a description as you can manage of the data that you
believe must be collected and from where it is to be collected, and also
write up as detailed a description as you can of the evaluations that
you want to be built into the product and those that you want to be
available dynamically. Most of the targets that you will have in this
situation will probably want to export selected data to a spreadsheet
and than manipulate that data with said spreadsheet. If you want to
select LibreOffice for that or MS's product, that will be something that
you can probably leave to the users. Standard analysis can be built into
the product. I really see this as a DB with data entry forms and a few
tools for data selection. That can be done directly in several of the
free SQL products, or if you want to build a web based product, the
something like Alpha 5 from Alphasoftware.com could manage it in a very
short window of time. Doing large amounts of custom programming on this
would seem to be a self defeating effort.

Everett L(Rett) Williams II
*

--------------050507050504080400010905--