"Nat Pryce" <nat.pryce / b13media.com> wrote in message news:<006601c1dbf2$a255dff0$1400000a@backpack>...
> Firstly, I downloaded the latest version, the method documentation in the
> API docs seems to have been garbled.  Is there an updated version available?

Sorry, yes, I got a number of complaints about that.  I'm not sure
what rdoc was doing, but there is now a doc bundle you can download
from the REXML page.

> Secondly, is there an easy way to copy an entire tree of nodes?  I'd like to
> build a new document by copying subtrees from another document.  The clone
> method copies the name of the element, but *not* the attributes or children.

Hm.  If clone doesn't copy attributes, I'd better fix it -- it should.
 There is no mechanism for a deep copy of a tree, but there is a trick
you can use until I add one (I'll put it on the feature request):

  clone = Document.new(element_you_want_to_clone.to_s).root

--- SER