On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Hilary Bailey <my77elephants / gmail.com> wrote:
> Is a Code editor the same as a text editor?

Yes and no.  Both can be used to edit source code but an editor or IDE
with support for a particular language (and framework like Rails) can
make the work significantly easier and faster => more productive.

> Can they both be used for
> Ruby as well as RubyNRails?. If this is so are: a) Notepad++,
> b)Netbeans, and c)Ruby mine-code similar products that can be used for
> Ruby as well as Ruby N Rails?

In principle probably all of them can be used since they are all text
editors.  Which of these is more productive for Ruby and Rails work I
cannot tell.  Since you are starting and probably writing small
programs initially any of them should do.  Actually an IDE with all
the whistles and bells can make it overly hard initially since it is
more difficult to learn.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/