--0023547c8fcde7881e049b4eded3

There's a whole book about this:

Distributed Programming with Ruby --
http://www.amazon.com/Distributed-Programming-Ruby-Mark-Bates/dp/0321638360

<http://www.amazon.com/Distributed-Programming-Ruby-Mark-Bates/dp/0321638360>In
short, you could have a look at the dRb library or similar.

If you can please forgive the shameful self-promotion, I would recommend
having a look at the following review of the above-mentioned book, which
contains some useful on this matter :-)

http://www.h3rald.com/articles/distributed-programming-with-ruby-review/

Fabio Cevasco
web: http://www.h3rald.com