Hello, I'm fairly new to Ruby so sorry if this is a basic question.

I'm trying to have a script that runs at all times, pulling tasks from a
queue. I'd like to then be able to run another script from the console
that adds a tasks to the array being used by the first script.

So my question is, what sort of method could be used to accomplish
something like this? And guidance as to what I should be looking up
would be greatly appreciated.

I'm feeling its related to events, interrupts, threading, etc, but I'm
inexperienced with these concepts, suggestions for guides that would be
helpful would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!