hello,

At 2000-07-04T02:33:08+0900 (2451729.23134JD),
matz / netlab.co.jp (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote:

matz> |However, in the old scheme of things, these were different operators.
matz> |
matz> |Has the decision now been made to unify them?

matz> In short, yes.

I hope not.

I wrote a method jd_to_wday in date2.rb like this:

    def jd_to_wday(jd) (jd + 1) % 7 end

It calculates the day of week of the given the Julian day number.
I used % and it must be modulo.  So it works even if jd is -ve.

I can write it in Python too.  Scheme and Common lisp have both.  Why
should we choose one?  I need modulo.

BTW, I wish divmod to behave like floor in Common Lisp or Python's.
And we may use floor, ceil and round in all numerical domain, I think.
(Integer#floor just returns self) Ruby has some restrictions in math,
I think.  I don't need that.

--Tadayoshi Funaba