On Feb 1, 7:47=A0am, "Marcel O." <raoultranchi... / googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem building an extension with mkmf under windows which
> seems to me as a bug: I want to build the extension in an mingw
> environment WITHOUT msys, but mkmf contains code that if it runs in an
> mingw environment makes the incorrect assumption it runs under msys and
> needs an appropriate path conversion:

You can build ruby without msys, but then you will have problems about
dependencies like bison, sed, sh and others that Ruby is expecting.

Can I know the reason of your need? RubyInstaller has been built with
MinGW+MSYS and both have been packaged conveniently as 'DevKit' for
it's transparent usage under Ruby for Windows:

http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Development-Kit

--
Luis Lavena