Hi,

I have a problem building an extension with mkmf under windows which
seems to me as a bug: I want to build the extension in an mingw
environment WITHOUT msys, but mkmf contains code that if it runs in an
mingw environment makes the incorrect assumption it runs under msys and
needs an appropriate path conversion:

mkmf.rb (in all Ruby versions I checked)
  case CONFIG['build_os']
  when 'mingw32'
    def mkintpath(path)
      # mingw uses make from msys and it needs special care
      # converts from C:\some\path to /C/some/path
      path = path.dup
      path

This results in my mingw-only environment in a generated makefile which
can't find ruby.h.

I don't know if it is a common solution to check instead of
CONFIG['build_os'], if the environment variable OS_TYPE is set to msys.

Regards
Marcel