On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Noah Cutler <sit1way / hotmail.com> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, most Ruby coders likely had experience in other langs
> before coming to Ruby. =A0What makes Ruby your preferred lang compared to
> others you have used?

I used to use Perl in domains where I now exclusively use Ruby.  These
are the main reasons in decreasing order:
- cleaner syntax (actually: orders of magnitude cleaner syntax along
with a non convoluted variable type concept - there is actually only
one and not scalar, array and reference and combinations of those)
- pure OO language
- blocks

Kind regards

robert