Hello.  I am trying to teach myself Ruby.  I have no background in
programming, or experience... only interest.

I have armed myself with Pragmatic Programmers Learn to Program, as well
as Koans.  I am running into walls trying to learn these things myself,
because I get discouraged when there is no one to turn to when I have
any questions.  I get stuck; I wander off.  This is no good.  Obviously
there is slow progression, when any.

The issue, then, is where do I turn when I have these (obviously simple)
questions?  It seems both embarrassing and unnecessary to post on such a
place as this, for simple issues in learning (for example, getting stuck
on ruby koans).

Does anyone have a suggestion?  Should I try to dig up a "Ruby mentor",
so to speak?  And how would one go about doing something like that?

-Cassandra