Eric Christopherson wrote:
> Whenever the overloading topic comes up, I wonder about what the
> future holds regarding true named arguments. Does anyone know?

AFAIK, they are on the wishlist for Ruby 2.0, but I don't think there
has been any commitment made. There's no implementation that I know
of, not even a design.

> Anyway, I wonder if there has been any talk between MacRuby and the
> other Ruby implementations on getting this sort of keyed arguments
> standardized.

AFAIK, Laurent Sansonetti did consult with matz to make sure that
MacRuby's extensions would be forward compatible.

So, while there does not exist a design, let alone an implementation
of named arguments for Ruby 2.0, it seems to be clear that whatever
design they come up with, will have to be compatible with MacRuby.

jwm