@MKW, nice, if it makes you happy, then Ruby must be wonderful. PHP does
not make me happy, nor does the JVM (although Groovy has me grinning at
times).

@SK, I will check out Sinatra. Ruby community does seem to be very
active, a living community.  Java world is a serious bunch, stern, high
minded (or higher than you) and not all that engaging.  Little banter,
lucky if you get a response, and then only if the thread draws; i.e.
asking a basic MOP question will be ignored, while asking how to hook
into Spring's underlying event listener service in Grails will get every
Groovy heavy chiming in on the subject ;-)

Glad to be exploring, thanks for the feedback