Hello all,

As a long time apps guy without web experience I am finding working
with js + html + css + some js library + whatever just rather
overwhelming (and ugly).    I see the chance to develop a desktop app
without much all this, without a web-server installed and so on to
develop a desktop GUI and then knowing I can switch this over to be a
we-app without much effort to me seems like a very exciting solution.

Pyjamas seems to offer this ability (using Python).

(I developed a Ruby on Tk GUI and then proceeded to isolate all the
business logic into "Proxy Classes" with the same names as the TK
widgets but in a different module.   The whole time I was thinking how
it must be possible to set up a Framework to support this same design
but able make the widgets "convertible"  from stand-alone to HTML & js
somehow - particularly with a library like Dojo.)

What I really don't understand is why there doesn't seem to be much
excitement for such a 'crossover' solution.

Comments on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

George

P.S.  Only somewhat related to this - I found a on-line web-app
builder system called WaveMaker from some of the folks that brought
PowerBuilder in the good ol' days.  This seems like "the future" to
me.  There are other folks, I have learned, with similar ideas in the
works for this year.