Hi,

I'm trying to inflate a set of concatenated gzipped blobs stored in a single
file. As it stands, Zlib::GzipReader only inflates the first blob. It
appears that the unused instance method would return the remaining data,
ready to be passed into Zlib::GzipReader, but it yields an error:

method `method_missing' called on hidden T_STRING object

What could be going on here?

On a related note, Zlib::GzipReader#{pos,tell} returns the position in the
output stream (zstream.total_out) whereas I am looking for the position in
the input stream. I tried making zstream.total_in available but the value
appears to be 18 bytes short in my test file, that is, the next header is
found 18 bytes beyond what zstream.total_in reports.

Does anybody know how to make the library return the correct offset into the
input stream so multiple compressed blobs can be handled?

Thanks,
Jos

--
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through
understanding.