Could someone tell me why in the following code, when it iterates on the
array 'arraya' it skips the first position? It is strange because
immediatley before each is called on arraya, I call inspect and you can
clearly see the first value is 1800, but the first value out put is
1801.

#code start

startyear = nil
endyear = nil
arraya = []
currentyearis = false
puts 'What year should I start with?'
startyear = gets.chomp
puts 'What year should I end with?'
endyear = gets.chomp

#assign years including and between start/endyear into array

arraya = (startyear...endyear).to_a

#iterate on array

puts arraya.inspect

arraya.each do |currentyear|
  if currentyear.to_i % 4 == 0
    if currentyear.to_i % 100 == 0
      puts currentyear.inspect
      puts('The Year ' + currentyear + ' is not a leap year.') if
currentyear.to_i % 400 == 0
    else
      puts('The Year ' + currentyear + ' is a leap year.')
    end
  else
    puts('The Year ' + currentyear + ' is not a leap year')

#code end