On Thursday, January 27, 2011 02:55:24 pm Ted Flethuseo wrote:
> Ah that's too bad... I knew I could put some default values for x and y
> and z.. getting the same effect sort of...
>
> but this isn't a solution if the methods that I want to "overload" (I
> call it
> overload, not sure what the proper term should be) are
> completely different, and are not differentiated simply by different
> values.

If they're not differentiated by different values, how were you expecting
overloading to work? If the problem is that you need the behavior to be
different, I think default values still work -- for example:

def sum_or_inverse a, b=nil
  if b.nil?
    -a
  else
    a+b

But I don't really know what you were asking.
I agree with Jess. We need more details.