On Jan 27, 11:37=A0am, Chuck Remes <cremes.devl... / mac.com> wrote:

> Not every runtime we behave the same. You didn't mention which Ruby runti=
me you are using

> No one can even start to answer your question without knowing the Ruby yo=
u are using.

Ruby Enterprise Edition - ruby 1.8.7 (2010-04-19 patchlevel 253)

> Secondly, the Ruby code examples you pointed to aren't even necessarily t=
esting what you think they are.

Ignoring the between-test comparisons, there is clearly a slowdown
after loading rails.  My *guess* is that it has to do with the size of
ObjectSpace causing a slowdown in function lookup, but again, I was
hoping someone here would have a more concrete understanding.