Mitul Ti wrote in post #977720:
> I am trying to run embedded ruby inside rhtml.
>
> $cat test.rhtml
>
> <% print "Content-type: text/html\n\n" %>

One problem is that you must not output a blank line before the HTTP
headers. That will give the Apache error you saw, at least it does with
CGI scripts. (Having said that, I'm not 100% sure that rhtml files
should generate HTTP headers in the first place)

A second problem is that I don't think you should use 'print' inside
rhtml. Use <%= ... %> instead.

$cat test.rhtml

Testing <% foo = "Ruby" %> <%= "#{foo}!" %>

> AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
> Action application/x-httpd-eruby Dir/cgi-bin/eruby

Have you installed a copy of eruby inside your cgi-bin directory in that
location? Is it executable?

To be honest, I think you'll find almost nobody uses ruby this way any
more, because it gives you the worst of all worlds: the inefficiency of
cgi-bin (forking a new ruby interpreter for every request) with the
PHP-like muddle of mixing your application logic inside your HTML
templates.

You should probably look at writing an application using a simple
framework like Sinatra, which is just a layer on top of Rack. For
development you can run it as a standalone webserver on its own port.
For production you can either run it inside Apache using Phusion
Passenger, or you can run a pool of mongrel/thin/unicorn/rainbows!
webservers and proxy to them.