I really love Ruby but there are some concepts that I'm having a hard
time wrapping my head around.  Here's something I thought was simple but
... I'm obviously doing something wrong but what?

Here's the code I started with:

  def make_it_a_double(parameter)
    return parameter * 2
  end

  puts make_it_a_double(2)

It works like a charm but when I try to wrap it inside of a module like
so:

module Outer_module
  def make_it_a_double(parameter)
    return parameter * 2
  end

  puts make_it_a_double(2)
end

I get the error:
undefined method `make_it_a_double' for Outer_module:Module
(NoMethodError)

I'm trying to define methods that will consolidate code within my
modules.  What am I doing wrong? I've searched but I haven't found any
examples yet of what I'm doing.  (is it that strange?)

Thanks in advance,