Charles Nutter wrote in post #975365:
> If it was simply 1.9 support holding you back with JRuby, you may want
> to try JRuby 1.6.0.RC1, which shipped greatly-improved Ruby 1.9.2
> compatibility. Not perfect yet, I'm sure, but far better than it used
> to be.
>
> But yes, if your leak is likely in an MRI-specific library, like EM,
> profiling on JRuby probably won't tell you much (and JRuby might not
> exhibit the problem at all). I sympathize.

I never said I suspected eventmachine or any mri native library to be
the cause of the leak, in fact I even doubt it, I just said that the
jruby version of eventmachine was not on par with the mri native one:
some methods are not implemented in the jruby version which makes the
APIs incompatible and would require a rewrite of some part of the
application in order to run (if a substitute exists for these missing
methods).

Thanks for the information on jruby 1.6 I may give it another try in
last resort.