Hi Thomas,

I would take a look at TZInfo again. Since it's used by rails, it
should be pretty reliable.
But I didn't really get the static code vs live data reflection. The
tables need to be updated once in a while, but that is fixed by
upgrading the gem. Is this what you mean ?

http://tzinfo.rubyforge.org/doc/

Cheers,
  zimbatm