On Jan 15, 2011, at 04:07 , Joseph Lenton wrote:

>> The solution is to use a real ruby editor (emacs, vim, textmate, I'm
>> sure many others) that supports proper indentation. The problem pops out
>> visually and is easily solved before it is even a problem.
>>

> I already do use a proper editor and indent my code correctly, but there
> are times when they can still slip through.

I almost never have this happen in emacs (past a couple lines of coding). It is pretty much automatically pointed out as soon as I hit return and then later hit tab to indent. (I used to bind return to newline-and-indent, but that gets really slow with larger files--esp w/ ruby).

Either you wind up with code like:

> def x
>   if x then
>     blah