On Jan 14, 6:46  ⮮

> Do you see "enhancement of" / "agreement about" such a pattern? Any reading
> I should further read ??

Use plain require.

If you're working from Rake, which is already a gem, it will load
rubygems so no need for you to do the require.

Also, having gem 'abc', '>= 0' is the same as doing the require of
that gem directly (it will always load the latest version), having
'gem' in your code makes it already dependent on RubyGems, which
breaks the statements in your first link.

I normally don't define any gem method in my libraries since my
dependencies will be loaded with the require (in case I'm creating a
gem that depends on other, RubyGems will active these dependencies
before I do require)

--
Luis Lavena