Sai Babu <sateesh.mca09 / gmail.com> wrote:

>I am ruby fresher.
>i have studied that
>"Ruby is a pure object oriented interpreted and scripting language".
>
>I would like to know what is the difference between interpreted language
>and scripting language???

The question doesn't really make sense.  "Interpreted" and "scripting" are
just two attributes that can apply to languages.  Many scripting languages
are interpreted.

Both of those terms are somewhat controversial.  The term "scripting
language" doesn't really mean anything.  Many languages can be used to
write scripts, depending on how you define "script".

Also, "interpreted" really describes a particular implementation, not the
language itself.  The most popular Ruby implementations are interpreted,
but there is nothing that would prevent it from being compiled.  There are
several C interpreters available, even though C is usually compiled.
--
Tim Roberts, timr / probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.