Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:03759] Ruby-man-1.4 needs default values"
    on 00/07/03, Aleksi Niemel? <aleksi.niemela / cinnober.com> writes:

|The ruby-man-1.4 predefined variables and constants doesn't include the
|default values. For example $, is nil by default.

I'll add them in the near future.

|$. most likely doesn't have meaninful value in concurrent programs
|accessing files. Meaning that you can't rely on it? But I guess we talked
|already about globals and concurrent programming in earlier thread.

Meaning you don't use them in multi-threaded program.  Safer
alternatives are provided for most of these variables.

Oh, but no alternative for $.  It is closely related to the global
variable $< anyway, so that concurrent access to the variable is
meaningless.

							matz.