--00032555adf2955f330499193860

>   1. When I just have rubygems (without rvm or bundler), and when i
> install a gem, where is it getting installed ?

If you 'gem install', it gets installed to your home directory. If you 'sudo
gem install', it gets installed to a global directory, I don't quite
remember at the moment.

>   2. When rubygems + rvm is installed, and when i install a gem, where
> is it getting installed ?

Into ~/.rvm/rubies/the_ruby_i'm_using/lib/ruby/gems/1.9/gems, or something
very similar.

>   3. when rubygems + rvm + bundler is installed, and when i install a
> gem, where is it getting installed?

The same place. Bundler only automates which gems get installed, not where
they go.

--00032555adf2955f330499193860--