Am 04.01.2011 14:55, schrieb ghorner:
> ripl, a light modular alternative to irb, has reached 0.3.0. ripl
> works on most major rubies (1.8.x, 1.9.x, rubinius and jruby), has a
> growing plugin ecosystem of 15+ plugins and is fully documented and
> tested. For more on ripl's features and advantages over irb see:
>
> * http://github.com/cldwalker/ripl
> * http://rbjl.net/44-ripl-why-should-you-use-an-irb-alternative
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriel

Maybe a new hope for embedding an interactive Ruby in my GUI
application? Some months ago, I posted on this list with the subject of
embedding IRB in my GUI application for debugging purposes or just for
users who want to have fast access to the things they're working with.
But trying to make IRB read from something else as STDIN is a real
nightmare and nearly impossible on a Windows system, not to mention
across platforms.
I'm interested. Is it possible to make ripl read from and write to an
arbitrary IO object?

Vale,
Marvin