On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 06:24:46AM +0900, Din Ibbles wrote:
> But seeing a major lack of jobs for Ruby, makes me wonder about
> the validity of carrying on with learning it.

It's very pity if one has to learn only to earn.

Another hint: one CEO friend of mine discovered that routing
people through J2EE practices *and* then getting them back into
Perl gets him the structure of "enterprise java" and rapidity
of a scripting language development ("P5EE" floated up, even).

Ruby is worth looking into (including decent projects' sources)
even if one's not going to apply the coding experience but rather
the programming one.

PS: happy New Year, and may your job bring you joy as well as cash :)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike / altlinux.ru>