On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Alain Matthes <al.ma / pomme.com> wrote:
> On 2010-12-29 17:28:08 +0100, Phillip Gawlowski said:
>

>> A beginner in programming or with Ruby/Python?
>
> Hello Phillip,
> I'm a beginner with Ruby/Python. I can understand the code, read the
> code but I'm not able to build something actually.
> I learned Pascal :(
> I'm a beginner with object-oriented programming language
>
> Thanks I bought this book but I only read the first chapters. I like this
> book
> anf the way use by       > language)

Chris Pine covers object-oriented programming in his book, as well,
and so does the PickAxe.

Mind, you don't *have* to use Ruby in an object-oriented fashion,
since Ruby supports procedural programming just as well.

> Ok but PickAxe covers 1.9 or I've 1.8.7   خ
> I'm afraid to install 1.9 because I work with TextMate and this soft is very
> dependent of Ruby.

Well, you could try to find the 2nd Edition of the PickAxe, or upgrade
your Ruby. To do that, you'll have to ask Google, since I have no idea
what the recommended way would be (I guess rvm or Homebrew).

As far as TextMAte is concerned: I have no idea if it'll work with
Ruby 1.9, too.

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,