Hai any one pls guide me...
We can extract the line number of the sub routine/function/method in a
Ruby file using the ctags command.

But I want to know the line number in which the sub routine is ending.

Example:

Quote:
#
# Function name : get_days_in_hash
# Argument :
# no arguments
# Return value :
# days information in hash format.
# Description :
# get the days. Assigned value for each day.
# 1 => 'Mon' ,
# 2 => 'Tues' ,
# 3 => 'Wed' ,
# 4 => 'Thu' ,
# 5 => 'Fri' ,
# 6 => 'Sat' ,
# 7 => 'Sun' ,
# 8 => 'Leave' ,
# 9 => 'Holiday'
# Logical flow :
# generate the hash
#
def get_days_in_hash
{ 1 => 'Mon' , 2 => 'Tues' , 3 => 'Wed' , 4 => 'Thu' , 5 => 'Fri' , 6 =>
'Sat' , 7 => 'Sun' , 8 => 'Leave' , 9 => 'Holiday' }
end
Quote:
#
# Function name : user_filter
# Argument :
# get the controller and action.
# Return value :
# if the user not login then display the login page.
# Description :
# check the user is login or not.
# Logical flow :
# check the controller and action is not the login page or not.
# check the user is log-in or not.
# if not login then redirect the page to login page.
#
def user_filter()

# set the header information for the Browser
no_cache()

# check it is a login page or not.
# If it is not a not the login page then check the session whether he is
login or not
# if is not login then display the login page.
if( not ( params[:controller] == 'main' && ( params[:action] == 'login'
|| params[:action] == 'index' ) ) )
if( not session[:user_id] )
#redirect_to :controller => 'main' , :action => 'login'
if( params[:action] == 'logout' )
flash[:notice] = 'Logged out Successfully'
else
flash[:notice] = "Session Expired"
end
render :text => "<script>
window.location='#{url_for(:controller => 'main' , :action => 'login'
)}';
</script>"
Say the function get_days_in_hash starts in the line number 20.
It will be returned by the ctags command.
I want to know in which line number that appropriate function is ending.

For each functions in the file I want this informations like starting
line of the file and the ending line of the file.

Please help me about how to achieve this.
Thanks in Advance,